Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Instagram: The conundrum!

To Instagram, or Not to Instagram, that is the Question


For years, I have struggled with the idea of having an Instagram account. Having another social media account to manage and follow just overwhelmed me. Call me old-fashioned but I like an electronic free day.

At the same time, it is all around me. My friends and students rave about it and I can see the social and marketable benefits associated with it.

I finally gave in and signed up for Instagram. I now love it! (Not the idea of having another app on my phone or another account to manage, but all the great photos I see). I follow some of my favorite artist and carnavalescos (carnaval producers).

Below, I have included the names of some of my favorite pasistas (samba dancers) and carnaval lovers:





Facarnavaloficial: Managed by Claudio Medeiros
He uploads the latest and most beautiful Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo carnaval photos.








Laurakelleroficial: Managed by Laura Keller. 
Beautiful pasista and beautiful costumes.





Neguinhasambista: Managed by Neguinha Sambista from Aquarela.
She is a social butterfly, so you are bound to see the latest on SF Bay Brazilian events.






Renatasantosoficial: Managed by Renata Santos. 
She was recently selected the muse of Mangueira samba school in Rio de Janeiro








Evelynbastoss: Managed by Evelyn Bastoss.
She was Mangueira's rainha da bateria (queen of the percussion section)












Dominique425: Managed by Dominique 
 She is one of Aquarela's principal dancers. I simply love following her because of her style and taste. Plus, she follows the best sambistas.  











Giljungoficial: Managed by Gil Jung, an Brazilian bikini line. 
They include great photos of carnaval sambistas and their bikini line. 













K-riocasambashow: Managed by Samba K-Rioca Show. 
They include photos from their latest events, so you are bound to see photos of Brazilian bands, sambistas, and promoters.








Graoficial: Managed by Gracyanne Barbosa. 
She is a Brazilian fitness model and pasista. Unlike the above, Gracyanne includes loads of videos. 







Caju93: Managed by yours truly 
I'm new to the Instagram game, but I enjoy following and posting anything related to samba.





Beijos and enjoy your week!

If you like my post, please leave a comment below or click on Follow. I love to hear what you think and appreciate your support. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Gina! When I lived in Rio, Mangueira had the best parties/ fundraisers. Next time I get a chance to go, I'll send you some pics... bjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send picts. I love their color combination, alas, and costumes.

    ReplyDelete