Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Some of My Favorite Things

After reading Beth's blog, which I love, I decided to also share some of my favorite things.


Of course, my number one item has to be a cup of coffee. Though I'm a coffee whore who is pleased with any cup of coffee, regardless of quality, I am in love with Phil's Coffee. Each cup is handbrewed to perfection! The barista then adds sugar, cream, and a sprig of mint. Yes, mint. Who would have thought that mint would transform a cup of coffee into perfection?

I grew up listening to the heartaches of Alcione and Maria Betania, so logically I love samba and pagode music and anything related. In fact, Maria Souza and Silvana Sousa teach two great samba classes--they actually teach samba. I also like listening to anything from Zeca Pagodinho, So Pra Contrariar, and Fundo do Quintal. I often find myself dancing away alone or in front of the mirror :).

By far my favorite novel is Piller of the Earth. I fell in love with the novel years ago when my sister, father, and mother avidly recommended the novel. Years later, Oprah added the novel to her book list and later Star network made a mini-series out of it. What makes it so special? It's a great historical novel that focuses on the love story of a few couples...I love it!

Ayruveda has changed my life. An alternative medicine and lifestyle, Ayruveda has helped me grow as a person and understand my idiosyncrasies. Because of it, I have learned to deal with ailments that plague my family, such as obesity, heartburn, and stress. To some extent, I value the opinion of my Ayruveda practitioner, Dr. Mary Jo Cravatta, more than my family doctor.

One day, my husband is going to give me a gold-plated glue gun. Why not? There is nothing better than a great craft day and the possibilities are endless when you have a glue gun. In fact, I often find myself surfing the net for fun and feasible project. This past year, I have made three costumes, a baby blanket, a crochet hat, a Christmas wreath, and a partridge in a pear tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment