Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mindless entertainment helps me become Honest


 Lately, I have fallen in love with cheap and mindless television entertainment. Hubby makes fun of me, but I can't help it. My top shows are Say Yes to the Dress (a reality show that illustrates the trials and tribulations of brides searching for the perfect wedding dress), Entertainment Tonight (a news program that presents what really matters, the lives of the rich and famous), and Keeping up with the Kardashians(love it!).

As previously mentioned, hubby makes fun of me. To make matters worse, he now refuses to watch the shows, leaving me to sneak around like an addict with a can of condensed milk. Obviously, he does not understand the educational value of such shows. For instance, I have learned to defend myself by watching Jerry Springer, and have learned to make sound decisions by watching Judge Judy. The shows are also loaded with social and cultural values. Heck, Keeping up with the Kardashians is categorized as a documentary!

Seriously, through one of the shows, I have made a great discovery. While watching ET, Jessica Alba discussed her new endeavor, the Honest Company. Launched this year, the Honest Company sells diapers, wipes, and toiletries that are environmentally friendly and safe to use on babies with sensitive skin. The products are also affordable and cute. I signed up for the once a month diaper bundle ($85 with shipping) and feel great that I'm doing something good for my baby and the Earth.

More info on the company.

Here is Caio sporting one of their diapers. I case you are wondering, Caio is wearing a couture, shot-sleeved, white top with snaps on the bottom. The top is the latest design from Tarje.

No comments:

Post a Comment