Monday, May 9, 2011

Ice-Skating Belt

May has always been a challenging month for me. When in college, I was overwhelmed with exams and essays. As a teacher, I'm bombarded by last minute lessons, projects, exams, and essays. As a dancer, I am challenged with last minute Carnaval parade costumes, choreographies, and set-up. But family and friends serve as pleasant distractions that add on to the excitement of May.

With my niece's birthday falling in May (right around Carnaval), I decided to make her 1st samba costume! Knowing she is a great ice-skater and a ballerina at heart, I decided to call her costume an Ice-Skating Belt. Little did I know that the belt would serve many purposes. In addition to being a belt, it also functions as a crown, and she occasionally uses it to ward off her big brother (I believe it is such an affective tool that police officers are now thinking of using it instead of the Taser gun :) ). Needless to say, she loves the ice-skating belt.

Check out the pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment