Thursday, June 2, 2011

Father Knows Best

As my father always says, "Lies have short legs. Somehow, one always catches up to it." My father is full of short and indirect one liners that hit the spot.

But the line above can be applied to other behaviors, such a secretes. I say this since unintentional secretes have been festering for some time. Unintentional meaning comments I want to make and have made to others except the victim (victim is too strong of a word but I can't think of something better). I'm afraid of hurting the victim's feelings. However, I am reminded of another of my father's proverbs--"Honesty is the best policy."

Since my father is usually right, I am determined to be honest but the honesty needs to be accompanied by sincerity, politeness, and gentleness (I love that I just personified honesty :) ).

So let me start practicing:
If asked, "Do I look good in this outfit?" Honesty replies, "Hell no!" But honesty with sincerity, politeness, and gentleness replies, "Though a pretty color, I think the other costume looks better on you." Dr. Phill would be proud!

Someone should have been honest when I decided to take these photos.On a girls weekend, we decided to dress up as if it was prom night and take pictures in the lobby of the hotel. What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment