Wednesday, September 26, 2012

National Cocktail Day



I have decided to make Tuesdays National Cocktail day.  You may ask why a Tuesday and not a Friday or Saturday. Simple! Tuesdays are my toughest teaching day. On Ts, I teach 3 very different 1 1/2 hour classes and to spice up the day a little more, I also pump every 3 hours (I'm still breastfeeding) , and plan for the next day. By the time I leave work, I am more than ready for a drink!

Being that Tuesdays are now National Cocktail day, I am posting one of my favorite recipes:

Traditional Caipirinha:
Ingredients
  • 1/2 lime, quartered
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar (add more if needed)
  • 2 1/2 fluid ounces cachaca (I have also used Vodka and it tastes just as good)
  • 1 cup ice cubes

Directions
  1. In a large rocks glass squeeze and drop in 2 eighths of lime. Add sugar, crush and mix with a spoon. Pour in the cachaca and plenty of ice. Stir well.





No comments:

Post a Comment