Thursday, June 27, 2013

Costume TLC

I love dancing, and much like teaching, it is something I was born to do. There is nothing like putting on a beautiful costume, stepping on stage, and performing your best dance moves. LOVE IT!

For me, a costume is a huge part of dancing. When I put on a carnaval bikini and step on stage, I transform into my alter ego, Jessica (I secretly love the name and often use it at Starbuck's). For the past few year, however, I have not been very kind to my costumes. In fact, I completely neglected them. Remember, I became a mom and was working on a master's degree. Costumes, unfortunately, were the last thing on my mind.

Needless to say, my costumes are now a hot, outdated mess. I have mismatched and incomplete outfits, dilapidated backpacks, and featherless hats. It's not pretty and it's beyond sad.

Now that I'm near the end of my master's, I have decided to fix my costumes and get back to costume making and dancing.




To begin, I'm fixing up my black samba bikini. I love the hat but know that the bikini needs major help.






Wish me luck!

Bra and boot covers in serious need of a little TLC.









No comments:

Post a Comment