Friday, July 12, 2013

Samba in Paris

Samba in Paris 
I recently petitioned Father Time for a 5-year extension on my 40th birthday. I figured since my actual bday is in 2 years, I would have 3 years to prepare emotionally for the big day.

My petition, however, did not go through. Either Father Time is ignoring me or he is too busy dealing with the bureaucracy of keeping things running on time (I like to think it's the latter).

You may think I'm crazy, but when I turned 27, I had an emotional breakdown as I walked out of my bday party.  I found myself drinking pink champagne (not the best choice) and crying at the realization that I, in 3 years, would turn 30. 3 YEARS (I do not like to procrastinate. In fact, "why do it later if I can do it now" is my motto).

Micaela           

Perhaps to appease my craziness or because she simply understands me, Micaela, a dear friend, suggested I along with her and Lea, another dear friend, enter my new decade drinking lattes in Paris. Paris!!! Yes, the capital city of all that is beautiful and regal, the current residence of Mona, the origin of croissants and lattes. I must go there!

                                                                                                 
 Why didn't I think of this before? I simply love the idea (Though with the time difference, I will actually celebrate my 40th ahead of schedule and will probably do it while drinking pink champagne). Best of all, Lea, Micaela, and I are all Aquarelinas who love to dance, so I am guaranteed a great time.

                                                                                                                   
Lea (FYI: She is wearing a g-string bikini under her seemingly conservative outfit)            

To prep for my trip, I began searching for samba related activities in Paris. Here are some great sites:
Paris, here I come (in 2 years)!

Beijos and enjoy your day!

If you like my post, please leave a comment below or click on Follow. I love to hear what you think and appreciate your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment