Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Musa do Caldeirao--the Muse of Carnaval 2012

Musa do Caldeirao 2012
Every year, Luciano Huck, a prominent Brazilian talk show host, holds a Musa do Caldeirao competition. For a month or so, samba dancers from top Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo samba schools complete for the title. The winner not only is labeled the muse of his show but also receives noted praises and opportunities for the remaining of the year. Needless to say, I can't let this major Brazilian samba event go unblogged.

Below are some of my favorite dancers or costumes!
I'm not crazy about Joice's performance but I do love her top and hat...wow!!


Decorated arms must be my next project. I love the look and the attention it calls to the arm movements of the dancer. Check out Neia's costume.

I'm a little bias but I love Camila's performance. She has grace, style, and amazing footwork. My pick for Musa do Caldeirao!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a video of Evelyn's performance, but I did include a photo of her. She is the official Musa do Carnaval 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog, Marina! It was really fun for me to hear the Portuguese (and watch that sambista!). Your little girl, though, is truly the princess among them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you enjoyed the blog and Camila's performance. She is free for shows ;)

    ReplyDelete