Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Take It Easy:" 3rd Trimester

As I begin the 3rd and final trimester of my pregnancy, my midwife has asked me to take it easy. Take it easy! Is she nuts? It's like asking Snoop to stop smoking weed. Though feasible, it is not realistic.


With my first child, I did not slow down. I, in the early stages of my 3rd trimester, samba down Mission Street in celebration of the San Francisco Carnaval parade, went on long hikes with my hubby, and sorted loads of heavy textbooks on the last few days of school. Now, I often ask myself "What was I thinking?"
Yes, I need to remember that it is not about me; it's about the growing baby inside of me. Therefore, I vow to take it easy or at least not repeat the things I did during my first pregnancy.

Nap time, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment