Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sexy Mama

I began today with the goal of making Valentine's Day special. Yes, I love my hubby but I also need to redeem myself. Last year, I barely gave Valentine's Day any attention and still feel the ramifications of my behavior.

Unfortunately, I have come to an unpleasant conclusion--pregnant women are off the sexy radar. Companies that glorify female sexuality simply dismiss us; we don't exist. Really, Victoria's Secret does make lingerie for pregnant women. They don't have a single secret for preg ladies! Even Frederick of Hollywood, the sleazy version of Vicky, past on the pregnancy bandwagon. Discrimination!!!

Enough is enough. I refuse to let others place me in the Virgin Mary category (after all, my pregnancy is not a result of immaculate conception). It's bad enough that students constantly tell me I can't wear heels because it's bad for the baby. Really, I become pregnant and automatically forfeited my sexuality? Come on, reinstate me!
Ok, I'm not unreasonable. I understand that accommodations need to be made. My butty shorts need a support fabric that goes over my tummy and the bra, in a few months, will need a detachable flap to accommodate breastfeeding. Yeeessss, I am aware that the accommodation don't increase the sexiness of it all, but it's still beautiful...right?

To console myself, I turn to some of my favorite sexy mama stuff:

I see a baby bump. Do you?
Alessandra was several weeks pregnant when she strutted down the catwalk in the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in November.

Rachael Green trying to induce labor.

New Year's Resolution Article

No comments:

Post a Comment