Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Allergic to Vacation

I am feeling lazy, sleepy, and unmotivated. Clearly, I'm allergic to vacation.

When I'm working and have little time, I am motivated and productive. I complete lists, with an S, of things I want and need to do. In fact, the busier I am, the longer the lists. This is how I ease my frustration and disappointment for not having time to get things done. I go as far as scheduling time for specific tasks; and bam! a task is done. But vacation throws me off. I get lazy.

To combat my lethargy, I decided to create a list of things to do:
  • Nap time in the early afternoon. This is a must since I need energy for the other tasks.
  • Read my novel in bed. By staying in bed, I am merging two tasks into one. In case I am exhausted from my nap, I am able to complete my reading task by napping with the book next to me.
  • Commute to the sofa. I personally think that commuting is one of the biggest injustices anyone can do to oneself. However, I am willing to make this sacrifice in the name of productivity. Once in the new location and after a pit stop at the bathroom and kitchen, I will proceed to the final destination, the sofa. Since all my favorite shows are hibernating for the winter, I will expand my cultural knowledge by watching the Kardashians.
My behavior is contagious!
The above are the three must do tasks of the day. Of course there will be variations and adjustments made, but I'm hoping to successfully complete the tasks during the allocated time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment