Friday, January 6, 2012

Growing Belly

Rutabaga
Each week, I receive an email letting me know how my baby is developing. The size of the baby is always compared to a fruit or vegetable. This week, my 13" developing baby is a rutabaga (It's a beet-looking vegetable--I had to look it up).
What the email fails to say is that my rutabaga baby is made out of lead! Really, all of a sudden, my belly and size are overwhelmingly noticeable to me. I feel huge, clumsy, and exhausted. I can no longer see my feet, which are now in a constant 45 degree angle so to accommodate my waddle. When practicing my Warrior pose, I feel like a sumo wrestler getting ready for battle. I am big and getting bigger!
To make matters worst, my loving hubby said, as I walked passed him, "Being pregnant must really be uncomfortable." No, shit! I don't want to over react or make assumptions, but he only came to this eye-opening conclusion after seeing me struggle to get up from the sofa and waddle my way past him.
Now a bigger question comes to mind--was he trying to say something or am I reading too much into it? Since I'm a loving wife with raging hormones, I'm going to assume the latter. Simply, it's like the time he asked, "Does it really hurt?" This after I gave birth to my daughter. I replied by saying that "I wished I could leave my body."
To ease my mind and since I am a loving wife, I'm going to say that my loving husband had no clue of what he was saying. He was overwhelmed by the miracle of childbirth and my overwhelmingly large tummy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment