Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gray Hair

On my 24th birthday, I discovered my first official wrinkle, a smile line on only the left side of my mouth. This one little wrinkle was devastating! For one, I realized that for years I did not smile; I smirked. That's probably why people thought I was bitchy. Instead of smiling at their funny comments, I smirked!

Now a different revelation has come to light. I discovered my first gray hair. Over night, a long strand of pure white hair grew on the left side of my head. Obviously, my left side is cursed. The question now is: Do I color my hair or let nature take its course? On a more philosophical stand, do I hold on to my youth or grow older (not old) gracefully? (I'm sure this is how Hamlet felt during his "To be or not to be" soliloquy).

Can you spot the gray hair?

Pre-gray hair, I vowed that I would not dye gray hairs. I found the look beautiful, distinguished, regal. But now, I feel older (not old!). When discussing the issue with my hair dresser, I mentioned that I wanted a new look, something that would make me look 26. She laughed in response. Laughed! Maybe it's time to find a new hair dresser. Regardless, I need to make a decision about my hair--to dye or not to dye that is the question.

After an exhausting debate with myself, I have decided to stay with my original decision. I will leave the gray and embrace my new beautiful, distinguished, regal, and slightly older look!

2 comments:

  1. I just dyed mine for the 2nd time. I think its officail now. When it was just a few I didn't worry. Now that they are trying to take over I have to fool myself with color.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you are coloring your hair, have fun with it. Go for different colors that reflect your personality :)

    ReplyDelete