Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hanging Up My Samba Shoes

As I give new life to an old Carnaval costume, I ask myself when I should stop dancing/performing (Long pause as I digest the question, hold back tears, and regroup)?


To be completely honest, I simply can’t answer the question with a simple answer. In fact, as I try to answer the question, more questions come into light. For example, I want to say that one should stop dancing when the time is right, but when is that? Should one’s decision depend on social views or personal expectations? Or should the decision be as simple as “I just wanna stop?”


As you can see, “When should one stop dancing/performing?” is a complicated question that deserves more than a simple answer. Fortunately, since I can’t answer my own question, I suppose the logical step is to continue dancing until a detailed and reasonable answer comes to mind!


Below is the costume that began it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment