Monday, April 11, 2011

A Memorable Life

Shakespeare once wrote:

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing (MacBeth 5.5.24-28).

If the shadow walks around in 4" heels and the player turns out to be a samba school bateria from Rio de Janeiro, will I be able to have a more memorable life?

This morning, I spend a significant amount of time planning the last making period before the end of school. My goal when creating the lessons was to meet the CA State Standards and to educate, entertain, and "guide" (teach kids tolerance, acceptance, kindness, patience, and fairness--for some reason these traits are not in in the CA State Standards). After coming up with tentative plans, I felt confident and excited. Most of all, I felt a sense of happiness in knowing that not only I love my job and the students I have the pleasure of teaching everyday but I have a meaningful life that walks around in 4" heels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment