Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rehearsals




As anyone in a dance group knows, there is a great deal of prep work before a show. Dancers work on costumes, lighting needs to be arranged, choreographic need to be created, and rehearsals need to take place. Yes, rehearsals!!!

Every Thursday, my group meets for its weekly rehearsal. It is during our meeting that we learn the latest choreographies, review old choreographies, prepare for shows, and more. However, it is during rehearsals that I am reminded of the care and love I have for my group members. It was during rehearsal that I told my best friends of my pregnancy and the purchase of my new home. In between choreographies, a fellow dancer and friend explained the process of raising chickens in her own backyard (She lives in Berkeley, so raising chickens is acceptable and encouraged!). To us, rehearsal is a time during the week, in which we as friends share the triumphs, struggles, and make our busy lives more enjoyable.

In many ways rehearsal is like happy hour at a bar. Though we don't have drinks to inspire us to open up and share, we have loud music and a whole lot of energy!

2 comments:

  1. Marina,
    Are these pictures from last year????
    Cause Mica is NOT pregnant on the photos!

    Also, are you only going to be nice and polished throughout the stories of your blog?

    Where's my favorite desperate housewives???

    Muitos beijos,

    Love,

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea,
    The photos are from the previous Carnaval. That's why Mica is not sporting a tummy.
    beijos,
    ma

    ReplyDelete