Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Little Recognition--2011's San Francisco Carnaval Queen and King Competition

Every community has a red carpet day and last night was no exception. Everyone in the San Francisco Carnaval community attended the San Francisco Carnaval Queen and King competition (Wow! That was a mouth full). Yes, the 4" heels, fake lashes, and colorful and tight outfits accentuated the bodies of beautiful dancers, who were draped on the arms of tanned, muscular, and just as talented male dancers--it really was a sight to see!

However, the show really began when competitors stepped on stage. With their elaborate costumes, audience member's cheered on their favorite dancers. In the end, 1 male and 1 female dancer were crowned 2011's Carnaval Queen and King.

As I walked out draped on the arm of my favorite male dancer :) I could not help think that no matter who you are, we all want recognition from those we care, admire, and respect. Last night was no exception.

Below is a photo of this year's queen and king:

Though she did not win, I found her style of dancing and energy amazing and worth noting. I believe she is going to be a great local dancer:
Past queens and kings dance on stage:
I just love my Brazil dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment