Thursday, April 7, 2011

When the going gets tough, do something you love.

As a full time teacher, I enjoy the benefits of long vacations and occasional weekly breaks. However, when on vacation I don't exert the same amount of physical and mental energy as I do when working. This can be a real problem!

Last night I was unable to sleep. After reading pages of Farm City, daydreaming of future events, and contemplating life, I still could not drift off into the world of the unconscious (I believe some call it insomnia but I refuse to accept or refer to my occasional problems as such--I'm in denial). So I did the next best thing; I worked on Carnaval costumes!

My costume pet right now is an old black hat that has seen better days. Yes, this hat has been around since the beginning of my samba career and for some time was the only costume I had. Thus, it's loaded with memories and personal value. To make a long story short, I ended up going to bed a 2:30 with the pleasure and satisfaction of having a "new," gooooorgeous black hat--OMG! It's beautiful.

As I crawled under the covers so not to wake up my better half, I realized that when the going gets tough, do something you love! It can be as simple as gluing rhinestones to a beat up hat :)

Below is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment