Thursday, December 8, 2011

Growth Chart

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but now I'm really into my family and home. Friends call it nesting (their comment must have something to do with all the feathers I use for Carnaval). Regardless, this mama bird is happy doing home stuff!

For over a year, I've wanted a growth chart in Camila's room. Initially, I wanted a large tree that would cover 1/4 of her side wall and from the branches I would hang photos. After framing one of Mara Galvao's pieces from her kid's collection, the idea went out the door. The tree and the large artwork would be overwhelming in the room.
However, I was determined to have a growth chart! For this, I turned to my very artistic side. Note that like my father, I can't draw if my life depended on it. My circle usually looks like a lopsided oval. Thus, to inspire my Picasso side, I surfed images on Google and found a few drawing I liked. From there, I drew the image on paper before trying it out on the wall. Once satisfied, I used a pencil to trace a flower on the wall and used sample paint I purchased at a hardware store.
The next day, I added the chart numbers in yellow and outlined the petals, stem, and leaves in black.
Camila, Freddy, and I love the final product and we are pleased that unlike Picasso my flower does not have any additional parts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment