Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm Pregnant, Not Sick!

Okay, let me start by telling the world that pregnancy is a natural and healthy condition. It is NOT a disease. I say this because people have been treating me as if I'm on my last breath and should be home away from the public eye. Here are some of the recent comments:

A conversation I recently had with a student who just moved from a different country:
"Teacher, how old are you?"
"I'm 35!"
"35 and pregnant? Ohhh, very old"

Different student:
"Why are you wearing heels? Pregnant women can't wear heels"

Different Student:
"You look so big. You should be home. My sister is only 2 months pregnant and she's home."

Comedian at a night club:
"You're pregnant? What are you doing out at night?"

Cute guy at a Carnaval party:
"Wanna dance?" asked the enthusiastic dancer followed by "Wow, wow, wow! I'll be back."

The above are my favorite comments but I have heard more. Thus, to combat the comments, I started pushing buttons. This weekend my heels got higher, I stayed way past my bed time, and I did it all in style. Best of all, I now have a new attitude to match my behavior--Yes, I'm 35, in heels, big, and at a club! What?

Here are some of my role models :)

Kourtney Kardashian


Jessica Simpson


Beyonce


Natalie Portman

No comments:

Post a Comment